Are You Acid or Alkaline?
What do the experts say?
It's quite easy to know whether you need to alkalize before making your decision to invest in alkaline balancing systems. Although the vast majority of Westerners are overloaded with acid waste, there are a very few who are not.
In her excellent book The Chemistry of Success Dr Susan M. Lark MD says that understanding the importance of your pH balance will lead you to the realization that peak performance and general health are intimately related, and that robust health is essential if you want to meet your goals in life.
Dr Lark lists the benefits of maintaining a healthful state of slight alkalinity:
(Please note this is for education purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat. Consult a qualified medical practitioner when considering any health regimen modification.)
Peak Performance Benefits:
- May increase Physical vitality and stamina
- May enhance mental clarity and acuity
- May increase ability to get on with other people.
- May increase optimism and vision.
- May give faster recovery from illness, injury, and exertion (including colds, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, allergies, traumatic injury and surgery)
- May give increased resistance to illness (colds, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia)
- May reduce incidence of digestive problems such as heartburn, irritable colon, Crohn's disease and colitis.
- May reduces risk of and increases relief from urinary tract conditions such as bacterial cystitis, interstitial cystitis, and uric-acid kidney stones.
- May reduce risk of gout.
- May reduces risk of and helps in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.
- May lower risk of osteoporosis and promotes bone and teeth growth.
- May aid in prevention and treatment of diabetes.
- May reduce hypertension.
- May also reduce the risk of cancer.
Take The Test: Are You Overly Acidic?
- I do not feel the best when I eat fast foods, fried foods, colas or desserts.
- I do not feel my best when I eat red meat or red meat dishes.
- I do not tolerate acidic condiments like vinegar or red meat dishes.
- I regularly consume processed and refined foods that contain chemical additives.
- I regularly consume breads and baked goods made with white flour and sugar.
- I eat few fruits and vegetables.
- I drink more than one cup of coffee or tea a day
- I frequently take Vitamin C, aspirin or antibiotics.
- I do not tolerate alcohol.
- I have a history of cigarette smoking.
- I frequently travel by plane
- I often feel exhausted after vigorous exercise or work.
- I often experience fatigue or lack of stamina.
- I run out of breath when running up stairs or walking briskly.
- I am physically and mentally tired after an hour of desk work.
- I am pessimistic, with little initiative.
- I have thin, porous bones.
- I have poorly developed muscles
- I often experience muscle stiffness and soreness.
- I am over fifty years old.
- I catch colds and flu frequently.
- I am susceptible to heartburn, canker cores, food and environmental allergies, and sore throat.
- I have a history of (are affected by) osteoporosis, arthritis, gout, lung disease or kidney disease.
Are You a High Alkaline Producer?
- I am able to sprint up stairs
- I have great physical endurance.
- I am always on the go and full of energy.
- I need only a few hours sleep.
- I am a leader at work and in my community.
- I prefer highly active sports and high stress activities.
- I am able to digest a wide range of foods.
- I feel relaxed and healthy while leading a full life.
- I typically have lots of energy in the midst of intense emotions and high drama.
- I can do desk work for long hours without becoming tired or losing mental acuity.
- I am an optimist.
- I easily maintain an active social life.
- I am free of allergies.
- I have a stocky build and large frame.
- I am strong and large-boned.
- I have well-developed muscles.