Thank you for your interest in changing lives with safe water and sanitation. We are excited your business wants to give back and we want to make it easy and effective for you to do so.
In the below details, you will find photos, videos and messages to help you communicate your support and impact, and in doing so, help tell the story of Water.org and the people we empower with access to safe water and sanitation.
- Your donation — how to make and message it
- Tools + resources to help communicate your support
- Thank you — how we recognize your business
Water.org is an international nonprofit organization that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org pioneers market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, they've been providing families with hope, health and the opportunity to break the cycle of poverty
As you begin to craft your messaging, keep these guidelines in mind:
- As a member of the Water.org Cause Marketing Program,it is best practice to provide consumers an explicit statement tof your donation. For example, “For each product sold,[Company] will donate $X to support Water.org to change lives with safe water.”
- Indicate that Water.org is the beneficiary of your donations.For example, “[Company] is supporting Water.org to provide access to safe water and sanitation for people in need around the world.”
For a complete guide, please review the following messaging tips and the Cause Marketing Program Policy Agreement in its entirety.
Tools + Resources
To communicate that you are helping to change lives with safe water, we provide facts about the water crisis, information about our work, stories and photos from the field, videos and social share graphics.
To raise awareness about the water crisis and motivate consumers to change lives, here are facts and figures to incorporate in your messaging:
- 844 million people — 1 in 9 — lack access to safe water.
- 2.3 billion people — 1 in 3 — lack access to a toilet.
- More people have a mobile phone than a toilet.
- Every 90 seconds a child dies from a water-related disease.
- Water, sanitation and hygiene related disease kills nearly 1 million people each year.
- Women and children bear the primary responsibility for water collection.
A compelling way to share our impact is through the stories of those we empower. Water.org has many stories that you can use to show the impact that access to safe water and sanitation has in changing lives and creating bright futures.
Here are five stories:
Our solutions focus on empowerment through access to affordable financing. For millions around the world, access to funds is the only thing that stands between them and safe water and sanitation in their home. Our solutions focus on breaking down this financial barrier and bringing hope and opportunity to those in need.read more..
Water.org has staff dedicated to monitoring social media posts in which Water.org is included. If a cause marketing supporter generates content that aligns with our brand and is factually accurate, we consider re-sharing the content through our social media channels.
For reference here is a list of Water.org's social media channels:
Should you have any questions about cross-promotion or social media guidelines, please contact:
NO GYM BE SLIM LLC
501, Silverside Road,
105 Suite Nos. Wilmington City,
Delaware 19809 USA
There are many ways to give to Water.org. And whether you're making a small, individual donation or partnering with us on a global scale, we are dedicated to transparency. We have a 4-star Charity Navigator rating and publish an annual report that details exactly how and where your donation is making a difference.
Thank you for being a business that gives back.
If you have any questions about cause marketing, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.